Saturday, July 3, 2010

In Light of Eternity

   Today (as every day :-) I was reminded of what a wonderful man i've been blessed with!  Watching Stephen and David play in David's kiddy pool was so sweet!  It's not every daddy that takes the time to splash with his son on a Saturday afternoon, he could be off doing his "own" thing, but no, he's home loving his family and spending quality time with his sons.



Ok, so I guess the pool wasn't really made for daddy's too!


I had big plans for today, I was going to get so much house work and laundry done since Stephen was home to help with the boys!  But no, instead God taught me that Family is number one.  Spending time with my family (which I love doing!) is not a chore and it's not second choice, it's the most important thing I can do as a wife and mother.  Investing in my children's lives, making memories, loving on my husband . . . that is my day, not interruptions to my day!  Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE spending time with my family, it's not a chore.  But sometimes I start to feel guilty because I don't get as much work done as I think I should but it is times like those that I must remind myself that chores, dishes, laundry, a clean house, while they may make life more comfortable, or at least seem more comfortable, at the time in light of eternity really mean nothing at all.  But my children and my husband, they can, and Lord willing, will follow into eternity!

Lord please give me an eternal perspective!

1 comment:

  1. You have a blog!!! :) I'm so happy you have such a great husband that loves to be with you and the boys! I have one, too! :) Nothing makes me happier than seeing Daddy playing with the kids and not wanting to be anywhere else! (Next year maybe you should invest in a bigger pool. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete