Saturday, July 10, 2010

How to do what must be done . . . ?

Well my house is a mess, I have a sink (and several counters) full of dirty dishes, dirty laundry fills the bathroom and yet here I sit at mom and dad's on the internet!  Ok, so I did come here for a "worthy" cause, I had 20pounds of cherries to freeze and no cherry pitter.   Carl helped me with my cherries and now i'm faced with a quandary, do I stay here for the rest of the afternoon (Stephen is playing football with his brothers and some guys from church) or do I go home and juggle the boys while cleaning the house??????   Of course I know what I should do . . . but then I also know what I want to do . . . so for now i'll sit here and write and ignore the decision that must soon be made!


Yesterday afternoon I went to a friends personal bridal shower, it was at a lake and I had an opportunity to go water tubing!  Wow, what a blast!  My arms feel like they are going to fall off now today but it was such fun at the time.  Of course it wasn't so fun when I was racing through the water, clinging for dear life to the tube and all of a sudden my pants began to slowly inch their way down, down, down, until I was forced to let go for fear that if I held on my pants would not!  It was fun to get away (Stephen watched both boys for a few hours so I could go) and spend time with other gals!  It reminded me of my pre-marriage days, not that I would go back mind you!  But just of what they were like, It was fun for an afternoon but it was more fun coming home!

Last night Stephen and I took the boys to the fireworks over the Lake.  It was pretty fun, but it seems every year the fireworks get lamer and lamer.  I can't determine if it's just me, I have a whole year in between to build up this great fantasy of how wonderful the fireworks were the year before and I come with great expectations, or if it's true, every year of my life they just get less and less impressive!  Oh' well!  I love the opportunity to go and do something as a family!   It's become a tradition to go to the Lake Ripley fireworks, we went for the first time while we were courting and have gone every year since!  We are very blessed to have children that actually like watching them and aren't scarred by the loud noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment