Friday, July 23, 2010

Daily Life

As I was sitting here wanting to update my blog I was having a hard time thinking of what to write.  After all not really much has been happening lately.  You know, it's kinda like when someone asks you, "so what's new?" and your reply is "nothing". But as I think about it more, I don't really need any thing  new all i need i have.  We have not been blessed with large sums of money or countless earthly possessions, but we have been blessed with all we need, every physical need met.  We always have wonderful food to eat, a warm (or in summer cool) roof over our head, as well as many "extra" blessings - electricity, running water, a shower, laundry facilities, things that really we don't need but that make this life so much easier. And of course my greatest blessings of all - Stephen, David and Scott!!!

So what's new?

 Well today I finished up canning the chicken broth I cooked down yesterday.  I was very pleased to end up with 8 pints and 4quarts of yummy organic broth to add to our shelf of canned goods! And I know it was yummy because as I was ladling it into jars David came over and wanted some, so I gave him a taste thinking he wouldn't like it and would leave me alone, but no, he LOVED it and so we ended up taking a break from canning broth to eat some!

I love my babies so much, they are so sweet and do such precious things!  Scott is such a happy baby, he is always smiling and cooing.  David adores Scott, all he wants to do is help to take care of him and play with his little brother, unfortunately his "helping" and "playing" is not always mutually beneficial to all involved!  Scott just really doesn't like getting conked in the head with regulation softballs, or having sippy cups of water shoved down his throat!  Oh' well, all in good time!  I guess David just can't quite figure out why Scott can't catch balls or drink from sippy cups, but soon enough . . . soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment