Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall & Shatter

Today as I was sitting here setting up this blog I was startled by a strange noise from my dinning room, out of the corner of my eye I say something falling followed almost immediately by a CRASH!

It made my heart jump!!! Upon further investigation I discovered it was the dinning room light.

Yes, don't ask me how it managed to loosen itself and fall crashing (& smashing into pieces) to the floor. I promise I wasn't' even jumping up & down on the floor!

It's a mess (no I haven't got up to clean it up yet - but i will) But it reminded me of the frailty of life.

How we hang suspended as if by a thread. One minute seemingly safe and secure the next hurdling through the air, our demise swift & sure.

Nothing is for certain, except uncertainty.

And the Love of God.

That Jesus came to earth, was born of a virgin women, lived a perfect life, hung on a cruel cross (for MY sins) and died. Was buried and rose again on the third day. That he lives and reigns in Heaven and that one day I will see him face to face.

All this is a wonder to me . . . and the only security I can cling to. Life can be hard, cruel even. Demanding more & more of us. But let us not poor ourselves in to Life but rather into LIVING!

Living every day as if it might be our last.

Living not for "self" but for others.

Living, giving & serving our families every day - even when it's not fun or easy.

And most importantly Living for eternity.

This life is nothing but a stepping stone to the next life.

With the time you are given LIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment