Saturday, October 9, 2010

Happy or Content

Sometimes during the day, when the kids are screaming, there are piles of dishes and laundry, Stephen hasn't been home on time in what seems like weeks, and i'm not sure I'll ever have the chance to sleep again I just want to quit.  Some times it seem so overwhelming, so impossible to accomplish everything I need to accomplish, so impossible to be every thing I'm supposed to be.  And I wonder when do I get time for ME?

But then i remember it's not about me.  It's about two little boys, eternal souls, that have been given to my charge and training.  Its about a hardworking, self sacrificing man who goes to work every day (even when he doesn't want to) to provided for ME and those little boys.  And most importantly its about God and where he has me, right where he wants me.  I can be discontent, always wishing i'm somewhere else, in a different situation, or a different phase of life, but this is where God has me right now.  So THIS is where I need to be content.

Happiness is a nice thing.  But not what God promises or calls us to.  Being Content on the other hand is our duty as Christians.  In my definition contentment is really quit simple: Being willing to be where you are without wishing you were some place else.  


This is not a strength of mine.  But in God's grace and with his strength I can and will strive to be content.  The funny thing?!?!?!?  When i'm content then and only then am I every happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment