Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall - 2010

I just love this time of year!  All the pretty leaves falling, the crisp air, the bountiful fall harvest!  This weather gives me the itch to bake pumpkin pies and apple muffins, not to mention cooking up a yummy pot of soup!

 David and i made maple pecan cookies on Monday, there were amazing!  I know this because I left 3 dozen home for Stephen and his Bible study guys and they finished them off before Stephen even had a chance to try one! (of course David and I sampled some before hand - yum,yum!)
I love fall baking! I need to get some pumpkins so we can make pies and muffins and bread, all those yummy pumpkin things you have to make in the fall!  

My tomatos are still going strong, although it seems more and more of them are dropping off the vine before they are completely ripe.  So i've been setting them on my window sill to ripen, yum, yum! And they look so pretty and festive too.

The boys love being outside this time of year.  Yesterday David and I raked some leaves while Scott was taking his afternoon nap, our trees sure produce an abundance of foliage!  David was so cute, he knew just what leaves were for - jumping in!  He has been having a lot of fun with his aunts and uncles raking leaves and jumping in them and he defiantly remembers. :-)  
David and Scott, both, also just love playing in the back yard on the swing set/slide that Grandma and Grandpa Jorgensen gave the boys.

David would go up and down that slide all day long if I let him.  And Scott loves sitting in the baby swing.  It's just too adorable watching David try to push Scott! Of course he usually just ends up getting bonked in the head, but they both love it.  Scott can't keep his eyes off David, even when David is sitting on him, or trying to poke his eyes out he just grins and grins at his big brother!
Yes it's a wonderful time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment