Wednesday, June 9, 2010

So Fast

How do they grow up so fast?   It seems every day David is a year older than the day before,  he is picking up words so fast, he just started saying "help".  And copies everything we do.  Today, as I was driving to mom and dad's with dad and a few of my siblings, some swans flew over a field as we where passing and dad pointed them out, even after we where long past the swans David kept pointing out the window and babbling to anyone who would listed!  he's such a dear!  He always goes up to Scott, pats his little head and says, " iss, iss" (nice, nice).  He thinks he's quite the man, always trying to pick up Scott or carry him to momma.  He tries to feed Scott things all the time and HATES it when the baby cries!  He has such a sweet tender heart, he will come and love on me if i'm crying and always wants to cuddle with his mamma when he first gets up in the morning!  Oh' how I love motherhood!  There are days I want to just throw in the towel and quite!  Days I wonder what i've gotten myself into and if i'll survive long enough to find out if i've been successful as a parent.  But by and far every day is filled with wonder, wonder that i've been blessed with such a husband and such children!  Wonder that I CAN survive, and ENJOY it!  Even the tears I would trade for the world!  Motherhood - the ultimate sacrifice, the eternal reward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment