Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Treats

This year we spent thanksgiving day with Stephen's family, it was a lot of fun!  David just LOVES to play with his "uncles"!   I was asked to bring some pies, so I thought I would create a photographic journey of our thanksgiving pies, i'm sure no one will really care about this besides me, but I took the pictures, so now they get blogged!

Getting every thing together so we can begin!
All my fruit for pies and cranberry relish!


Ingredients & Utensils ready to go!


Eggs - yes I know, store eggs :-(
Starting on those pies . . .

First pie crust in the pan!

Rolling out my pie dough


Apple Pie!  A Thanksgiving must have!

What would I do without my apple peeler/corer/slicer?
mmmm . . . apples ready for the pie


Ready for the top crust

And into the oven we go!

Davids pie  . . . 

David just loves to help me in the kitchen!

I gave him his own pie dough and  some sugar along with a little bowl . . .

And, what do you know, here is his "pie"!

Getting Started on another Thanksgiving classic  . . . PUMPKIN!

My recipe called for a 29oz can of pumpkin, but mine was all nicely frozen in 2cup bags - so out comes the scale! 

Just in case any one wants to know, 29oz is about 3cups of pumpkin!


Lunch Break!



Then out of the oven comes the Apple pie!




And in goes the pumpkin pie!

Crusts ready to be filled!

Pumpkin pie filling

And into the oven we go!


This pie recipe had a really yummy topping with it, I had never made a pumpkin pie quite like this before but thought i would give it a try, my husband says it's the BEST pumpkin pie EVER, so I guess the recipe is a keeper!

Mixing up the topping 



Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Dishes!

The one thing I hate about baking!

And the Pumpkin pie comes out of the oven!



Now on to the Cranberry Relish - a delicious Fresh recipe from a friend . . . 

Once again my little helper!  He thought the cranberries were balls!  And was pretty sad once they were all chopped up.

This Relish was sooo easy, and had no sugar!

But was amazingly good! Yum! Yum!
Last, but by no means least!  The Mocha Fudge Pie . . .

Yes! It really did have Coffee in it!

Finished product!

What David looked like after "helping" me with the Mocha Fudge Pie!



The Finished Product!




Finished up just in time to make some Chicken for dinner!




Oh! And Scotty wanted his picture on here too! :-)




So that was our day!  Wew!  A lot of work but well worth it!  I give all of you who actually had to prepare the thanksgiving meal a BIG round of applause!  Four pies and a salad wore me out.   I meant to take pictures at the actually Thanksgiving day meal too, but even though I brought my camera I was so busy enjoying myself relaxing and chatting with relatives I never even took it out!  oh' well.  I'm sure no one wants to see any more pictures any way!










1 comment:

  1. These are such precious photos, Mamma J! Your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete