Monday, August 2, 2010

My Cloth Diapered Babies

For about the last 6months I have been on-again-off-again using cloth diapers, just recently I decided to go full bore with them on both boys!  It has been a challenge in many ways, and also exciting.  I love the saving money aspect, I figure if we buy disposable diapers it will cost us approximatively $600 a year, per kid!  I know maybe I could do it for cheaper, but my babies, especially David, have sensitive behinds and so I have to buy the "name brand" diapers.


I love using the cloth for a couple or reasons, of course the monetary savings, and also for how much healthier it is for the boys.  No more dyes, perfumes or synthetic materials (well in less we go somewhere!  I'm to big of a baby to keep cloth diapering when I'm out and about)
I like hanging the diapers out on the line, they smell so nice and I think get whiter that way!

Personally, other than that I have to wash them every couple of days, i really have come to believe that changing the cloth diapers isn't really all that much different than disposables.


The one major downside i've found is that it makes my kids fatter and some of their pants won't fit!  Oh' well, they just wear a larger size!

On top of the cloth diapers I've also recently started potty training Scott, yes that's not a typo, Scott (not David) is being potty trained!  I know several mom's who have infant potty trained their kids and so I decided to give it a try!  It's actually going pretty well!  I've only been working with Scott for about a week and already I'm changing only half as many diapers every day!  Now if David would just show an interest in the big boy potty we'd be on to something!


Just a picture of my happy boy!  I love my babies!  Being a mommy is the best!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment